Sports Betting and Wagering on Sports

I don't bet on sports. This puts me in the minority, I think. I've read that Americans wager over $100 billion a year on sporting events, and 98% of that betting is NOT done in a legal setting. (My proposed solution to this is to legalize sports betting and get it into the hands of professionals and out of the hands of organized crime.

Sports is exciting. Putting a little money into action on the game makes sports more exciting. I play in a weekly shuffleboard tournament, which I know probably doesn't really count as a sport, but when I put my $10 entry fee in there, it makes that shuffleboard game matter more than any other game I play all week.

The hypocrisy of the sports establishments' officials who claim that they don't believe in gambling is amazing to me. If there weren't so many people gambling on sports, there wouldn't be so many sports fans. And the officials in the various sports leagues are smart and understand this.

You can bet on just about any sport imaginable now--be it boxing, football, soccer, baseball, golf, volleyball...you name it. Sports betting is the other key area for folks who want to gamble professionally. If you understand and can analyze the dynamics behind the games, you can make as much money gambling on sports as any other type of gambling, and probably more. But to be that successful, you really do have to be a sports fanatic.